- February 25 2019Investigation result
An attorney felt that he did not have enough privacy to talk with his courthouse clients. He complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- February 21 2019Reaction to bills and draft regulations
The Ombudsperson commented on Bill 8 to the Committee on Institutions.
- February 18 2019Investigation result
A person with a disability who lived in a CHSLD requested material adapted to his or her condition. Three years later, the resident still had not gotten anything, so the person asked the Québec Ombudsman for help.
- February 13 2019Reaction to bills and draft regulations
In a letter to the Committee on Health and Social Services, the Québec Ombudsman commented on a specific aspect of Bill 2, Act to tighten the regulation of cannabis.
- February 13 2019Useful tip
If you want to speak out against a wrongdoing, here’s how to do it without fear of reprisal.
- February 11 2019Investigation result
A detainee requested nicotine replacement therapy (NRT). Feeling that his request had been refused for an unfounded reason, he turned to the Québec Ombudsman.
- February 4 2019Investigation result
Unwittingly, a user swallowed medication she had refused the day before when it was administered with other pills. She complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- January 30 2019Useful tip
Is ambulance transportation free for 65-year-olds? Here’s what you should know.
- January 28 2019Investigation result
A citizen tried to reach his Direction de l’indemnisation des victimes d’actes criminels (IVAC) agent. When he did not hear back after several tries, he complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- January 21 2019Investigation result
A citizen tried to get help finding a family doctor. Services Québec gave him inaccurate information. Feeling that he had been misinformed, he complained to the Québec Ombudsman.