What our employees have to say
I feel proud to be working within an institution that shares the values that I cherish, such as respecting people’s rights, and where the work environment is friendly and my daily well-being is considered important.
I love it that my work is never routine—very often, the situation is something I never saw before. The work team also counts for a lot too, and work-family balance is promoted.
I wake up every day with the idea that I’ll be trying to solve a problem, correct a mistake and recommend a solution. I feel that I can make a difference in people’s lives.
I contribute to technological advancement to speed up the work our organization does. In other words, my role is to take a weight off the institution’s shoulders by making it easier to do our job.
The joy of working with a dynamic, innovative team that can get things done. Our approach, our actions and our values define us and make it possible for us to make a real contribution to improving public services.
No matter our role within the Québec Ombudsman, we’re driven by the institution’s noble mission. And added to that is the pleasure of being part of a dynamic and likeable work team.
A work that makes the difference
A year at the Québec Ombudsman
complaints, reports and disclosures
referrals and information requests
The Québec Ombudsman also means…
Benefits that make the difference
- 35-hour work weeks (flextime)
- 13 paid statutory holidays per year
- 20 paid vacation days per year after one year’s service and 10 sick days per year
- Pension plan with employer contribution
- Training and professional development programs
- Group insurance
- Flexible telecommuting with an annual target of 40 days of team presence
- Work-life balance
- Health and well-being program: amount allocated for physical activity
- Employee and family assistance program