How to disclose a wrongdoing?

Have you witnessed what you think was a wrongdoing  relating to a public body? Or do you have information suggesting that such an act was committed or is about to be? 

You can make a disclosure to the Protecteur du citoyen. Your information will be handled confidentially.

Disclosure in two steps

  1. Make sure you have come to the right place.

    Is the act that was committed or about to be committed considered a wrongdoing within the meaning of the Act to facilitate the disclosure of wrongdoings relating to public bodies?

    Does the wrongdoing that you want to disclose concern a public body subject to the Act? 

    Have you witnessed a situation where the rights of people who use public health services and social services have been breached? Report it instead.

  2. Disclose now:

Anyone can make a disclosure, whether:

You may know that wrongdoing has occurred without knowing exactly who did it. This should not prevent you from disclosing the information you have.

Need information? Feel free to call us for further details before disclosing. You can also ask about our access to legal advice service.