- March 20 2019Useful tip
As of April 18, 2019, car safety seats will be mandatory for all children until the age of 9.
- March 18 2019Investigation result
A citizen in distress contacted an addiction rehabilitation centre (CRD). The needs assessment meeting was scheduled for several weeks later. Dissatisfied, he complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- March 11 2019Investigation result
A citizen entered her name in an Internet search engine. She discovered that her father had recognized their filiation years after her birth. A family member of the citizen complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- March 4 2019Investigation result
A woman with cancer had to wait for hours at the emergency room. Even though she felt tired, she was denied a stretcher. A family member complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- February 27 2019Reaction to bills and draft regulations
The Ombudsperson commented on Bill 9 to the Committee on Citizen Relations.
- February 27 2019Useful tip
If you feel that a public service’s wait times are too long, you can contact the Québec Ombudsman.
- February 25 2019Investigation result
An attorney felt that he did not have enough privacy to talk with his courthouse clients. He complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- February 21 2019Reaction to bills and draft regulations
The Ombudsperson commented on Bill 8 to the Committee on Institutions.
- February 18 2019Investigation result
A person with a disability who lived in a CHSLD requested material adapted to his or her condition. Three years later, the resident still had not gotten anything, so the person asked the Québec Ombudsman for help.
- February 13 2019Reaction to bills and draft regulations
In a letter to the Committee on Health and Social Services, the Québec Ombudsman commented on a specific aspect of Bill 2, Act to tighten the regulation of cannabis.