The Québec Ombudsman released an investigation report on its findings and recommendations concerning the health services and social services provided to children with an intellectual disability or an autism spectrum disorder.
- March 24, 2015Special Reports
- February 24, 2015Special ReportsThe Québec Ombudsman exhorts the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques to exercise greater control of private waterworks systems and better management when non-compliance persists.
- January 15, 2015Bills and legislationToday the Québec Ombudsman tabled its brief on Bill 27 – Act respecting the optimization of subsidized educational childcare services, with the Committee on Citizen Relations.
- November 7, 2014Special ReportsEven though they live in Québec, some children are not considered resident in Québec and so do not have access to free elementary or secondary education.
- October 27, 2014Bills and legislationToday the Québec Ombudsman presented its brief on Bill 10 – Act to modify the organization and governance of the health and social services network, in particular by abolishing the regional agencies, to the Committee on Health...
- September 18, 2014Annual ReportsToday the 2013-2014 Annual Report of the Québec Ombudsman was tabled in the National Assembly.
- September 18, 2014Annual ReportsAs the correctional ombudsman of Québec, the Québec Ombudsman was particularly concerned this year about the detention conditions of the women incarcerated at Maison Tanguay, repeated transfers from institution to institution and...
- September 18, 2014Annual ReportsIn the 2013-2014 Annual Report of the Québec Ombudsman tabled today in the National Assembly, Raymonde Saint-Germain presented her findings and recommendations concerning the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux and its...
- September 18, 2014Annual ReportsToday, Ombudsperson Raymonde Saint-Germain presented the findings and recommendations of her 2013-2014 Annual Report concerning certain government departments and agencies.
- June 9, 2014Special ReportsIn an intervention report released today, the Québec Ombudsman concludes that MUHC’s admission of a Kuwaiti foreign national for healthcare in December 2011 occurred outside normal channels and without government supervision.