In a report on the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec (SAAQ) released today, the Québec Ombudsman calls attention to waiting periods of more than two years on average (results from a sample of 63 files handled by the SAAQ between 2012 and 2014) before the homes of severely injured persons are adapted to these people’s new condition.
- December 1 2015Special Reports
- September 17 2015Annual ReportsThe 2014-2015 Annual Report of the Québec Ombudsman was tabled today in the National Assembly.
- September 17 2015Annual ReportsThis year, in its capacity as Québec’s Correctional Ombudsman, the Québec Ombudsman once more noted problems with prison overcrowding and the many resulting transfers.
- September 17 2015Annual ReportsIn 2014-2015, the number of complaints and reports the Québec Ombudsman received concerning health and social services increased by 10.6%. The percentage of substantiated complaints and reports was 40.3%, up slightly (1.8 percentage points) from last year’s figures.
- September 17 2015Annual ReportsToday, Ombudsperson Raymonde Saint-Germain presented the findings and recommendations from the 2014-2015 Annual Report of the Québec Ombudsman.
- June 5 2015GeneralThe Québec Ombudsman wishes to clarify certain points further to a question raised in the National Assembly earlier today on the right of people living in residential and long-term care centres (CHSLDs) to install surveillance devices in their private rooms.
- April 28 2015Special ReportsIn a report released on April 28, 2015, the Québec Ombudsman presented its recommendations concerning supervision and follow-up of the learning of children homeschooled by their parents.
- March 24 2015Special ReportsThe Québec Ombudsman released an investigation report on its findings and recommendations concerning the health services and social services provided to children with an intellectual disability or an autism spectrum disorder.
- February 24 2015Special ReportsThe Québec Ombudsman exhorts the Ministère du Développement durable, de l’Environnement et de la Lutte contre les changements climatiques to exercise greater control of private waterworks systems and better management when non-compliance persists.
- January 15 2015Bills and legislationToday the Québec Ombudsman tabled its brief on Bill 27 – Act respecting the optimization of subsidized educational childcare services, with the Committee on Citizen Relations.