Do I have to contact the disclosure officer within the public body concerned before contacting the Québec Ombudsman?


No. You have two options. If you are part of the staff of the public body concerned (except the staff of childcare centres, subsidized day care centres and municipal bodies), you can contact either the Québec Ombudsman or the disclosure officer within the public body.  

Have you already contacted the disclosure officer? You can contact us anytime, even if an audit is underway. You can also contact us if you are dissatisfied after the disclosure officer has completed the audits.  

If you are not a staff member of the public body concerned, you must contact the Québec Ombudsman.  

Do you have information to disclose? Do it now.