We can help you if your complaint concerns:
We cannot help you if your complaint concerns:
You have to submit your complaint about a healthcare professionnal to the local service quality and complaints commissioner of the institution where you were treated. The commissioner transfers your complaint to a medical examiner. If you disagree with the medical examiner’s conclusion, you can bring your complaint to the review committee of the institution concerned.
The private practices of doctors, dentists or other health professional are not covered by this complaint examination procedure unless they have a service agreement with a public institution within the health and social services network.
Other possible recourses
Other organizations can help you in other situations. For example, if you feel that:
- Your consumer rights have not been respected:
Office de la protection du consommateur
- Your employer does not comply with the standards set in the Act respecting labour standards:
Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail
- You have been discriminated against, bullied or exploited within the meaning of the Québec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms:
Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse
- A government department or agency made the wrong decision concerning access to documents and the protection of your personal information:
Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec
- You cannot exercise your right to vote:
Directeur général des élections