Newcomers to Québec | Protecteur du Citoyen

Newcomers to Québec

Having trouble with a public service in Québec?

Immigrating and dealing with a whole new lifestyle is among the biggest and most challenging steps you will ever take.  

In the months and years ahead, you will be doing business with Government of Québec services in fields such as health, education, employment and housing, to name only a few.

Whether you are a Canadian citizen or not, or have temporary or permanent resident status, if you have a problem with a government department or agency or health and social services institution, you can go to the Québec Ombudsman for help.

File a complaint now

Note that you have the right to call on the Québec Ombudsman if you are dissatisfied with Québec public services.

The Québec Ombudsman’s services are free. We act independently and confidentially. Services in French and in English on request.