The Québec Ombudsman may grant financial assistance for obtaining legal services to anyone who:
- discloses or wants to disclose wrongdoing;
- cooperates in an audit or investigation stemming from a disclosure; or
- who feels they have suffered reprisal for the same reasons. This is not the case if the reprisal is a prohibited practice within the meaning of the Act respecting labour standards.
The Québec Ombudsman can also provide access to legal advice to anyone who:
- conveys information to the Autorité des marchés publics or the Commission municipale du Québec;
- cooperates in an audit in such a context or believes they have suffered reprisal.
To find out if you qualify for access to legal advice and for information about the terms and conditions, see the Access to legal advice page.