Can I make a complaint to the Québec Ombudsman concerning the CNESST?


Yes. We handle complaints concerning the Commission des normes, de l'équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail.

Note that the Québec Ombudsman cannot have a court or tribunal decision modified or overturned:

  • administrative tribunals (Tribunal administratif du Travail, Tribunal administratif du Québec, etc.);
  • courts of justice (Municipal Courts, Court of Québec, Superior Court, etc.).

However, we can handle your complaint if it concerns the administrative functions of these bodies (service quality, wait times, etc.).

If you wish to file a complaint, use our online form available anytime. You can also call us at 1-800-463-5070 Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.