According to the Act, the following are considered wrongdoings:
- A contravention of a law or regulation applicable in Québec;
- A serious breach of the standards of ethics and professional conduct;
- A misuse of funds or property belonging to a public body, including the funds or property it manages or holds for others;
- Gross mismanagement within a public body, including an abuse of authority;
- An act or omission that seriously compromises a person's health or safety or the environment.
The fact of ordering or advising a person to commit one of these wrongdoings is also considered a wrongdoing.
See the What is a wrongdoing? section for more details.