If I feel that my rights and freedoms have not been respected (freedom of religion or expression, etc.), where do I go?


The Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse can intervene if your complaint is related to the Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms (e.g. the right of each individual to safety, integrity, freedom, or economic, social, legal or political rights). The Commission also oversees youth protection, respect of children’s basic rights, and elder rights (e.g. protection against financial abuse).

Not sure? Contact us. We will help you find the right resource.