Can the Québec Ombudsman handle complaints about physicians, pharmacists or dentists?


The Québec Ombudsman cannot act concerning complaints against health professionals (physicians, medical residents, pharmacists, dentists). 

If the health professional you want to complain about works for an institution (CISSS or CIUSSS)

  1. Go to the service quality and complaints commissioner. The complaint assistance and support centre (CAAP) in your region can help you.
  2. The commissioner forwards your complaint to the institution’s medical examiner. 
  3. If you disagree with the medical examiner’s conclusions, you can complain to the institution’s review committee. 

If the acts you questioned occurred in private practice, you have to go one of the following professional orders: