Acts and regulations
The Québec Ombudsman’s activities are governed by certain laws that, among other things, set out its powers to investigate and intervene:
- Public Protector Act
- Act respecting the Health and Social Services Ombudsman
- Act to facilitate the disclosure of wrongdoings relating to public bodies
- Act respecting public inquiry commissions
In handling citizens’ complaints, we often refer to the following acts:
- Act respecting administrative justice
This law prescribes the obligations of government departments and agencies regarding the individual decisions they made concerning a natural or legal person.
- Act respecting health services and social services
This law establishes the health and social services system and sets out the rights of citizens to these services.