Transition énergétique Québec: improved access to the Complaint Management Office
A man wanted to complain about the agency Transition énergétique Québec. He never reached the Complaint Management Office. He complained to the Québec Ombudsman.
- The man wanted to reach TEQ’s Complaint Management Office.
- He dialed the number indicated on the agency’s website.
- He got a welcome message that had several options.
- None of the options led to the Complaint Management Office.
- The option he got led to TEQ’s general phone number.
- Furthermore, one of the options was to dial "o" to reach customer services.
- However, the "0" sent callers to a line for energy efficiency programs, where they heard another automated message.
- The Québec Ombudsman felt that phone access to the Complaint Management Office was deficient.
After intervening, the Québec Ombudsman recommended that TEQ improve phone access to the Complaint Management Office, which it agreed to do. A new direct phone line to the Office is now available. In addition, it is easy to find the number for the new phone line on the website.
The Québec Ombudsman ensures that your rights are upheld in your dealings with Québec public services. Are you dissatisfied with the services of a Government of Québec department or agency? Or with those of a health and social services network institution (2nd level of recourse)? File a complaint with the Québec Ombudsman by calling 1-800-463-5070 or use our online complaint form.