Intervention report concerning Hôpital de Hull and Hôpital de Gatineau - Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de l’Outaouais
Further to several reports received, the Québec Ombudsman conducted an investigation into shortcomings at the emergency rooms of Hôpital de Hull and Hôpital de Gatineau.
- Long wait times before the initial assessment (triage);
- Pain quantification not carried out during triage assessment;
- Poor visibility of the waiting room from the triage rooms;
- Insufficient re-assessment frequency while users are waiting;
- Lack of information on the definition of triage priority rankings;
- Lengthy delays before medical management;
- Lack of privacy for the people on overflow stretchers.
That is why the Québec Ombudsman made recommendations to Centre intégré de santé et de services sociaux de l’Outaouais, which pledged to implement them.